Saturday

My symptoms are always changing.

I am sick of pain and new pain and new symptoms and changing symptoms and blood tests and medical tests and not knowing if something new is brewing or just the same old myositis which always seems to be changing.
I have extra and extreme tingling in my toes and milder but similar tingling in my lower legs. My liver blood tests are raised and I have nausea and stomach pain and loss of appetite and loss of taste and cannot eat fried foods or drink alcohol. When you know you are susceptible to autoimmune disorders you do tend to think that what you are experiencing is probably related.

Only time will tell...
I am having a nuclear medicine test on Tuesday called a HIDA scan which is a procedure used to diagnose problems in the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts.
A radioactive chemical will be injected into a vein in my arm to see if I have Gallbladder inflammation, a bile duct obstruction or an abnormalities in the bile ducts. Oh, what fun!

Has anyone else had this procedure? I would love you to let me know in comments below. Thanks.

GALLBLADDER: Gray's Anatomy 20th ed. A pear-shaped organ located under the liver that stores and concentrates bile secreted by the liver. From the gallbladder the bile is delivered through the bile ducts into the intestine thereby aiding the digestion of fat-containing foods.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know when you wrote this post, Lesley, but I do know that one of the very first health problems I ever had was cholecystitis and within a couple months I had to have my gall bladder removed. That was 1999 and it's been downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...