Friday

Classification of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies

 

  1. Primary idiopathic polymyositis
  2. Primary idiopathic dermatomyositis
  3. Polymyositis or dermatomyositis with malignancy
  4. Juvenile dermatomyositis (or polymyositis)
  5. Polymyositis or dermatomyositis associated with other connective tissue diseases
  6. Inclusion body myositis
  7. Rare forms of idiopathic myositis:
    • Granulomatous myositis
    • Eosinophilic myositis
    • Focal myositis
    • Orbital myositis.
RESOURCES: BMJ

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:24 PM

    I also have inflammatory myopathy. I was recently diagnosed after several years of symptoms. My most worrisome one is Dysphagia.How does one cope with this? JRT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its myositis1:08 AM

      Hi, JRT, sorry to hear about the swallowing problem. It really can affect quality of life. The link on dysphagia is http://itsmyositis.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/dysphagia.html
      Please keep in touch. Are you on prednisone?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:00 PM

      I was on prednisone last year. I finished the prescription, ( 60mg down to 0) in about four months. My CPK was down for a month, then soared to over 900. My doctor has placed me on Methotrexate, starting at 2.5 mgx2 once a week.

      He increased it to 5mgx2, then 7.5mg, which is where I am now. I'm losing some of my hair.

      I had moderately severe edema, which is better, but not gone.
      I am 77 yrs, so I am not too hopeful of remission. JRT

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...