That means today, and this week, I am assessing what I am up to as far as my health is concerned, specifically my myositis.
My muscle disorder causes weakness and pain and muscle wasting.
Myositis is an autoimmune disease caused by inflammation of the muscles. I have been told I have Polymyositis which causes muscle weakness in the muscles closest to the trunk of your body including the upper arms and upper thighs.
Other symptoms include:
- Fatigue after walking or standing
- Tripping over
- Difficulty getting to a standing position
- Fatigue after walking upstairs
- Trouble swallowing
So what will I be discussing with my specialist includes the new symptoms I have which include:
- extra weakness noticed when trying to lift things
- more frequent tripping (but not falling)
- memory concerns
- extra weakness in my chest
- pain behind my right eye, right ear and on the base of the skull
- increased finger and hand weakness with turning keys, using scissors, holding knives, chopping food and opening cans.
- more tingling and numbness in lower arms